LS Plant Breeding Limited (LSPB, we, us, our) undertakes that the collection and processing of your data complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and all associated guidance and codes of practice.
- How we collect your data
We collect information in the following ways: -
- Contact made by you via post,fax,video, email or telephone where you provide any personal data
- Where you place an order for products or services through our website or otherwise
- Where you complete our online contact form
- Where you enquire for information on products
- What do we do with your personal data?
We collect, store and process your information as part of our general business operations including (but not limited to):
- Fulfilling orders
- Sending delivery instructions
- Processing invoices
- Internal record keeping as required by law
- Product traceability
- Processing and delivery of orders
- Improving our products and services
- Providing you with variety or technical information
We do not sell or otherwise share your personal data with other organisations except where required by law, or where it is essential to fulfil our contract with you.
- Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Whenever we process your personal information we must have something called a ‘legal basis’ for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law;
- Performance of a contract: We must process your personal information to comply with a contractual obligation;
- Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose;
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights;
- Public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law;
- Vital Interests: Where the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life
- Who might we share your personal information with?
Our service providers – some third parties process your personal information on our behalf but only if they meet our standards of security before doing so. We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you. These third parties include:
- Delivery and haulage companies
- Merchants and seed factories
- External payment providers
- Our professional advisors, such as auditors, lawyers, accountants and other consultants
- Occupational health and pensions providers
- Cloud service providers
- Any other third parties who provide services to us from time to time
Other organisations and individuals - we may share your personal information in certain scenarios. For example:
- If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer information we hold about you to them so that they can continue to provide services to you.
- If we are required to by law or under any rule or code of practice by which we are bound or where we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority;
- If we need to do so to exercise or protect our legal rights; or
- In limited circumstances in response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their rights or the rights of others.
- International transfers of personal information
- Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we hold and process about you. These include:
- the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right of data portability;
- the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time.
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the "Contact Us" section below.
- How long will we keep your personal information for?
We take protecting your personal information seriously and are continuously developing our security systems and processes. Some of the controls we have in place are:
- We limit physical access to our buildings and user access to our systems;
- We use technology controls for our information systems, such as firewalls, user verification, strong data encryption, and separation of roles, systems & data;
- Systems are proactively monitored through a "detect and respond" information security function;
- We utilise industry "good practice" standards to support the maintenance of a robust information security management system; and
- We enforce a "need to know" policy, for access to any data or systems.
- Contact Us
If you have any queries about our processing or use of your personal data please contact LSPB Limited, North Barn, Manor Farm, Milton road, Impington, Cambridge CB24 9NG or by email email@example.com.
Alternatively, if you want to learn more about your rights regarding your personal data, or if you have a complaint that we cannot resolve, you may visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website at www.ico.org.uk.
Last Updated: 02 03 2019